Monday, February 29, 2016

Transfers Already!






Bike work with Elder Morey
Burger King in The Hague!



Open air market
City streets of Den Haag



Emailing at the Turkish internet cafe

Well, for the first time, hearing that transfer calls are this week was a surprise! I'm not sure why, but I guess this one just went by faster. I really don't know why. Leap day appears to be recognized, they call it schrikkel dag, I can't figure out what schrikkel means.

There are sisters in den haag. Our district is us, the sisters, the den haag zone leaders, zoetermeer, the zoetermeer sisters, and delft elders. No seniors. We've hardly ever used our bikes, I want to start using them more though because it's easier for me to keep by bearings, plus it's just more freedom. So that should happen, especially as the weather improves. 

One of our investigators is getting baptized the weekend after next! She is so golden, she's been reading the scriptures a bunch lately. She basically knew the church was true probably before she refered herself to us. So that's cool, she's got a big family, a bunch of girls who love softball. Three of our other top investigators were busy all week so that was lame. One just became a grandpa, the other is having really serious sleeping problems, and the other lady was just busy. We have some really interesting, positive, english-speaking potential investigators. One is a couple with a few-month-old child from Curacao, another is from Thailand, and the other from Poland. I'm really excited to teach them this week. There are a lot of immigrants from Poland here. 

Sander's father picked him up last night. He got some sort of stomach problem on wednesday so he had to stay close to home the last few days, but he felt okay other than that. We had a good time together and still got to do plenty of things. 

I think this coming week will be a lot busier. I'm hoping that we can start working up from here. We would both like to start focusing on preach my gospel. I'm still learning a lot though. It takes a lot of strength to really hold to the many standards that we are given. I'm grateful though, I'd rather have a high standard to work towards than a mediocre one. We are given "Standards of Excellence" which are numbers for us to strive to achieve. I'm not sure how to portay them, they are very high. But, I'm glad that our president expects a lot of us. The Lord can provide a way. As I've desired to understand why things happen the way they do, I've felt answers come to my mind and heart, also come through the scriptures. The answers that come to me must be answers to my prayers. I'm learning to be more conscious of the spirit. It influences my thoughts and feelings to help me understand and feel comforted. It's such a blessing.

I can't think of any music I want, we mostly listen to elder morey's music.  I don't know if I mentioned it been The Den Haag stake is preforming "The Lamb of God", it's really cool, I'll be singing at least one solo in it, so that should be fun. I haven't heard much of it yet, but I'll get it from someone. 

Good for Luke! The scriptures teach us so many good things.

Love, Elder Knaupp

No comments:

Post a Comment