Monday, February 1, 2016

Now in Den Haag


Elder Knaupp and Elder Morey knew each other in the MTC 
and now they are companions in Den Haag

Den Haag is very different! The city is huge and there are a lot more members. There are eight missionaries, the Den Haag zone leaders, Elders Isaksen and Clukey, Elders in Delft (nearby), Sisters in Den Haag, and us two. So that's a lot differen't than Zwolle, we interact with a lot more members and missionaries. It feels way different, I'm still trying wrap my mind around how everything goes, and will be for a while, but I'm enjoying it at the same time.

The Ward is really big with lots of families with little kids and bigger kids, it feels weird to see so many people in church! I liked in Zwolle how I could get to know and get used to everyone. I'm writing down everyone's names so I'll get there. The members are really happy and friendly. They are also very good at fellowshipping everyone and there's lots of investigators. Coming from Zwolle it seems like the missionaries here don't have to work very hard because there's tons of work that's just handed to you or is very easily accessable. Also they have multiple weekly activities! Zwolle didn't have any (except an institute class of 3). The majority of people in 5th hour were converts (they had people raise their hands). We also have a couple other investigators that are more promising than almost any in Zwolle. The ward is very involved in missionary work and the results are black and white. The building itself is really big and has two stories. 

Elder Morey is from Utah, is a good basketball player and a really fun guy. We get along great. He's also got some scholarships to play golf.

The City of Den Haag is enormous. It's got some sky scrapers and also it borders the sea so it has really big seafront of hotels and restaurants and other fancy buildings, reminds me of the Oregon Coast but bigger and fancier. We haven't talked to a lot of people on the streets (they don't do that very much as in Zwolle, I guess they're not as desperate as we were) but so far they've given mixed responses. Later today we're going into the centrum which will be interesting. There will be a lot of big fancy stores and tons of people. I'm going to get new tennis shoes and maybe a basketball. The church building has a good hardwood floor and a beat up moveable hoop. Apparently there are some basketball players in the ward so that's cool. We were there this morning with the zone leaders. Now we're in this turkish internet bar listening the turkish electic dance music as we email. We have to pay but it's not too bad.

So things are a lot different, we don't have to ride bikes very often, they mostly walk and take the trams or buses here. It's nice, our apartment in Zwolle was all the way on the outskits of town so biking there took a long time. The church building is very close to our apartment here, Zwolle's was on the opposite side of town.

I love the growth and miracles I'm given.

Love, Elder Knaupp


No comments:

Post a Comment