Wednesday, July 29, 2015

So trying to think of what happened this week...I can't really think of anything in particular although loads of things happened. It's been super awesome. I should just write letters as things happen. As soon as I'm done emailing I'll probably remember something. I write in my journal every night so don't worry. I've started planing what I'm going to study more in depth and I'm getting excited to learn more. It's really fun to listen to my teachers talking to us in dutch and being able to understand most of what they're talking about. It makes me really excited to get to the field. But I'm plenty content with how long I'm staying. This week I've been shown a few times how much our Heavenly Father loves us. It's really important for missionary work because if you want to be guided by the spirit in everything you do, everything you do has to be out of love for your investigators or future investigators or just anyone you can serve. I've been trying to become more selfless, it's definitely going to be a lifetime pursuit but I'm glad I'm being taught the right way to live here. I'm grateful that I have the fulness of the gospel in my life and I look forward to drawing closer to our Father in Heaven and feeling the peace and joy only his blessings and love can bring. I've felt some of his love for my district members who are all really great guys. Last night I realized that I need to be preparing every day to be a father. The spirit teaches us things often that aren't even part of what the speakers who bring the spirit are talking about. Elder Bednar said in a devotional I watched a recording of called the Character of Christ that "I hope you don't remember a word I say tonight, I hope that you instead remember what the spirit taught you". That is so true, I told you about how the spirit is everything when teaching. The most important things we must learn cannot be learned by our brains from reading a book or any other sort of studying or experience. The most important knowledge and understanding we can have comes from the Spirit speaking to ours, revelation. I know I want and need to seek this spiritual knowledge.

 My district had a really special discussion last night. We were talking about fathers since I shared what I had learned from the spirit that my most important job and greatest joy in this life will be fatherhood and how selfless and godly fathers need to be. Everyone including me was talking about how amazing their fathers were and how much we admire them. And then I thought of an elder that talked often of how both his biological and step father have shown very little love for him and often showed the opposite. And then another elder who must have had the same impression as me spoke up and addressed the first elder I talked about and told him that although his earthly fathers often let him down and treated him very poorly, that this elder has a Heavenly Father who loves him unconditionally all the time. I told him that he is Heavenly Father's "Number one". That had us all in tears and it just drove home the message I'd been receiving that Heavenly Father loves us unconditionally, every moment of our lives he is there with us. He provided a personal plan for each of us. He is the perfect Father and wants to help us every step of the way. I'm so grateful to be part of his work to help his children come closer to Him and his perfect love.

I can do initiatories so send me some names.  I can give some to other elders so you can give me as many as you want.

I can't think of anything I need...

I'm so glad Dad's going to be able to see so well now! What a blessing. I saw the girl's 4-H projects, they look great! The goats sound soo cute and fun! I got luke's letter. Baptism is one of the most important things we do in this life! It is following the savior's example and making a promise with Heavenly Father that we will follow and be obedient to Him so that we can have even more blessings! Also you are given the gift of the Holy Ghost which means you can be guided by and be with a member of the Godhead. Learn to recognize and follow the promptings of the spirit. The spirit along with prayer can tell us everything we need to know.

Love you all! 



No comments:

Post a Comment