So I've enjoyed hearing about what you've been doing! The goats sound so fun. It's nice to hear what your're up to because I barely even know what I'm up to, I'm SOOOOO busy here I don't have time to think about everything, there's so much to think about. But I love it! Dutch is super awesome, I love studying it. I can teach some things and understand a lot of what the teachers say and we've taught five lessons and they're such a cool experience. I'm also learning what role the spirit has in our teaching. The spirit is everything. I had one lesson where I think that the spirit wanted to show me what it is like to receive no revelation. I just sat there almost the whole time stumbling around trying to say something meaningful in dutch but I just couldn't seem to so anything that I felt would teach the investigator or apply to her. It was really confusing and it made me feel so impotent. But it taught me what happens when I'm left to my own understanding. I've also learned a lot here about how important it is to be selfless as a missionary. Also we are ordained of God to do HIS work and therefore if we believe we can preform all sorts of miracles through Him. It's only two weeks, but it's been the greatest experience so far I think. I'm so glad I still have four weeks. PMG is so great it teaches everything I need to know about how and what to teach. I really want to master dutch on my mission, I've heard some missionaries just plateau because I guess they get comfortable enough. I have couple grammar books that I'm really excited to ready, it's really interesting. The grammar is definitely different than english but I'm excited to learn how it works. I know so many great things are ahead of me that I can't even imagine but I' so grateful I'm here, this is such a great kickstart for life. There's so much to learn in the gospel and the mysteries and miracles of God are so vast and I'm so glad I'm involved in this work. It's so ful filling already and I can hardly believe how wonderful our lives can be when we trust in and serve the Lord. Eric Mika's younger brother is here. He looks a lot like him, but not as tall. It's so hard to remember what I wanted to telll you. The jeans fit great. My ankle is almost trustworthy, but still kinda swollen. I haven't had a single problem digesting the food, I haven't taken any of the medicine. It would be great if you could send me some reusable earplugs I could use in class to focus better. Or whatever type you could find. I've been writing in my journal every night. Happy Birthday Bronte! Thanks alexa for the letter, hopefully I've answered your questions. Jenna, how was EFY? I haven't had time to wrap my head around the thermal garment thing, but it sounds like I should just do what sister bradley recommends. I might try to write a physical letter during the week this week. There's so much study time, yet I feel like I always wish there was more, especially personal study. I'm going to finish the book of mormon before I head out. I'm setting goals for memorizing words and phrases and I want more time to study the grammar. I can't believe it's been only two weeks. In some ways it feels that way but in others it feels like forever. It's a whole new life and there's nothing I'd rather be doing. i know there's a lot ahead of me and I'm so excited to do it. Hope you're all happy and enjoying life! There's so much in store for each of you if you focus on the Lord. Learn how to study the scriptures daily. Pray that you can learn from them. Life can be so much more that just looking forward to good things in the future. Believe that if you trust in the Lord and keep his commandments and the covenants you made at baptism that He will use you for great things and will make you so happy.
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment