Hellooo!
So week one has been fantastic! My district is 12 elders and we're learning really fast and we're already really close. We are in a classroom for about nine hours a day most days but it's been so fun to learn and be together. The teachers are really cool and the language is hard but fun. On our second and fifth day, we taught a dutch investigator (he's a really good actor with a backstory he follows and bases his reactions on) in dutch! It's really hard but we're able to get our message across and comprehend and give very basic answers to his questions. It's amazing that we can understand a thing he says. The food is awesome! So we crack out of bed at 6:30, get a sack breakfast (I get four hard boiled eggs, a doughnut, and an orange juice), study and prepare for the day, have 50 minutes of gym time (haven't been able to play basketball because of my foot) then go to class from 9:50-12:50, then 45 minute lunch, class until 5:45, dinner, then class until 9:30. I'm sending some pictures from my companion's camera, my computer won't recognize my card. That's my district, it was super sunny so my eyes were frying. Still getting a hang of this email thing, I'll try to send more next week, I'm out of time.
Love you!
Elder Knaupp

No comments:
Post a Comment