(Photo - Elder Knaupp and Elder Zwygart from Kentucky, a fellow "Dutchie")
So answers to questions first: I've been singing in the MTC choir, we practice before the Sunday night devotional then practice before the Tuesday night devo and perform at it. The choir was 1,100 strong last night for Elder Nelson who is now the president of the quorum of the 12. The last devotional was Sherri Dew, they were both awesome, I took lots of notes. Two weeks from now, right before we leave, the nashville tribute band that did Trek and the Joseph Tribute album are coming and we'll sing a couple songs with them for a devotional.
I haven't had to play piano but I was just called to be the zone music coordinator. We meet with our zone for sacrament meeting. There's been about 80 on average, they come and go every week. My zone includes Dutchies, Nords, Swedes, and Danes. There are only two sisters in the whole zone, and the group coming in today is swedes and danes and there are about 30 of them. Two elders came last night, one from England and one from France, one is an nord and the other a swede. There's a canadian in my district, Elder Higham, that speaks english first but also learned french so they've been frenching at each other and its so cool to listen to. Makes me wish I'd learned things when I was young...Dutch is coming great, it's so much fun to learn and say. I have a Dutch triple combination, bible, true to the faith, illustrated bom story book, preach my gospel hymn book, dictionary, verb book, and grammar book that I'm so excited to study more in. I can't wait until I can study the scriptures and things in dutch.
I was about to do sports about two weeks ago, although my ankle is still kinda swollen and my foot is kinda strained. Just need to take it easy. I haven't played very much, and the gym is being resurfaced right now anyways. I will be able to re-weigh my bags, there's a store here and everything in it is super useful and really inexpensive plus I get a missionary discount. It's got everything you could nee, lots of cool books and supplies and clothes. We should get our travel plans Friday, it sounds like missionaries going to Belg Neth have about a 50/50 chance of not getting their visas on time and being temporarily re-assigned for a transfer, so we'll see. I'd be fine with it I think. We'll see soon.
I'll do all the initiatories today. Super happy and super excited about everything! Elder Nelson gave a really good talk.
Love you all and hope you're doing well!
Elder Knaupp

No comments:
Post a Comment