Elder K and Elder Higham, the "super funny Canadian," using the computers while doing laundry (how efficient is that?)
View of BYU campus from Elder Knaupp's classroom on the 5th floor
Note: Elder Knaupp leaves on a direct flight for Amsterdam on Monday!
In his last email he wrote:
Went to the temple this morning instead of when I usually do. I'm packing tonight since we have to move out of our current residence because they're shifting elders around. I'm even thinking of sending home my black suit from what I've heard about the european suits, but I probably won't.
I played soccer today and yesterday, it was super fun! Hopefully I can get decent at it over there. Yesterday we went around campus during class and did impromptu scripture thoughts in dutch for random people. That was fun, I want to do it every day now. I'm able to deliver simple spiritual thoughts and things. I'm learning about how powerful simple testimonies and other phrases can be when we invite the spirit to speak to them as well. I'm excited and confident enough in the language even though I know I'll only be able to say basic things and probably understand very little. I'm excited to just share the gospel. I'm sure I'll be different sharing it with strangers who I don't understand, but I want to do whatever I need to and whatever the spirit prompts. Really excited to just get over there and really start working.
We have one teacher Brother Bonney who just came back from Bel-Neth a few months ago, he's super funny and sorta quiet and really good at dutch. I really like just listening to what he says and the funny little stories he tells. We have another teacher who comes every once and a while who's been back for at least three years who's pretty much a native speaker. She's about to leave and start teaching high school music. They opened up a couple new buildings on campus there's some drawings and computer generated images of the expansions they're making, it's huge and looks really cool. We're singing with the Nashville Tribute Band for the Sunday devotional some really fun songs.
Elder Knaupp
I love reading his letters cause I get a new perspective of what Zak might be doing right along with Ammon! Zak didn't say anything about the Nashville Tribute Band! He has been singing in the Choir so I assume he was there too! I love those guys!
ReplyDeleteYes that's what great about sharing....we can learn so much more from the other missionaries and what they write home about!
Delete