Monday, October 3, 2016

Heading to Belgium!

I'm going to Sint Niklaas, Belgium! I'm super excited. It looks like a beautiful area! I'm most excited for the Flemish Dutch, I've only heard it a couple times and it's really cool, it's like the contrast from american english to scottish, like the scottish guy in Samurai Jack. Also, I will be a co district leader with Elder Solomon, who was in Elder Isaksen's group (my trainer). My district should be the antwerpen elders and sisters, us, and the Lokeren sisters. Sint Niklaas is a small city, much smaller than Roosendaal, yet I've heard they had a good sized ward. I've also heard from multiple people, including Elder Isaksen (he went there after training me) that the members of the Sint Niklaas Ward are great with missionary work.

Conference was great, I heard some great things I want to work on. I definitely recieved personal guidance from the words of the prophets. Elder Nelson's talk was one of my favorites. I liked all of them, it's difficult to remember them all. We ended up watching the Saturday morning session with an old couple in Roosendaal, for whom we did service for earlier this week. We trimmed their ivy covered fence, it was a big job but I really enjoyed it. On sunday, we went to the Murtons and watched the priesthhood session, the saturday morning session, had a lovely steak, potato and veggie dinner, and then watched the sunday morning session live, so we watched all the sessions but the last!

Next month, November, all the missionaries will attend the temple in four big groups. All the names I have have gotten their endowments, so could you send me a new name or two? President is encouraging everyone to bring a name of their own. I'll think about if there's anything that would be good for Christmas. I'll probably be celebrating it in Sint Niklaas, how fitting.

Elder Lenhart and I had a great week, we kept busy knocking doors. It went by quite quickly.

Love, Ammon

No comments:

Post a Comment