Church was really nice, C., our investigator from Roosendaal came again and this time she brought her younger son. It was great! I helped keep him entertained. C. stayed for the second hour and liked it. A. also showed up for the second and third hours, he's doing good and had a good experience as well! Also, another lady who's been investigating for about a year came, she's trying to quit smoking. We're not visiting her currently, but she's coming on her own somewhat regularly. So, it was a busy Sunday. The rest of the week we spend going door to door in a few different cities in our area. One has a huge basilica!
I thought a lot about the grace of God today, how although we will always fall tragically short in keeping God's commandments, the most important thing is that we keep trying and getting back up after we fall, that we will receive strength and make progress. This message was confirmed to me four times. Once on the train on the way to church, once in a talk (it's really hard to listen while trying to control a child, doing that opened my eyes a little to parenthood), the lesson in elder's quorum (Elder Holland's 'tomorrow the Lord will work wonders among you'), and the bishop said something to the same effect when he met Ati after church.
I'll check my email tuesday morning before district meeting, I should be able to write a bit more then.
Love, Ammon
No comments:
Post a Comment