Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Another week!

Den Haag District
So more about the baptism (last week's). We did it in the primary room because there was going to be an activity upstairs the next hour (the chapel, gym, and kitchen are all upstairs). There weren't a whole lot of attendees, but enough to fill the primary room well. The first talk was given by a sister who has been our joint teach for Brigette. It was really good! Her husband preformed the baptism. The second talk after the baptism was by the Relief Society President. That was also good. Brigette's two youngest daughters and her best friend came to the service, so that was good for Brigette. Elder Morey and I witnessed and bore our testimonies while Brigette got changed. The ward mission leader's father (also previously ward mission leader) did the confirmation with me and the bishop. It was pretty simple, no musical number. I played piano for the opening and closing hymns though. 

We're about the leave to play some soccer and basketball in a park in the city with 14 missionaries from the surrounding area! We haven't done anything like that recently so I'm really excited.

This week we had zone training which was really good and got to teach the restoration to three new people. One was a friend of a current investigator. He's from Suriname (tons of people here come from there, it was formerly a dutch colony) and said he is also part native american. So, you get all sorts of people here. He was difficult to teach because he mostly wanted to tell us about other things, but miraculously, we got him listen to the simple points of the restoration lesson enough to give him a bit of interest in the book of mormon. The other two people were a Bahá'i lady and her husband (she was nice and listened and took notes. They were then on a long fast. it was cool to learn a bit about their interesting religion) and a young guy from Syria. So it was a blessing to be able to share the restoration with people that had never heard a thing like it, even if they're not really in a position to really understand and accept it. It's still special to be able to save it. The true gospel is beautifully simple. I have been able to see that contrasted to the opposite. It makes it so much easier to understand. The true gospel is so valuble and I love this opportunity to understand it better.

I have to go know, I wish I could share so much more that's going on but hopefully this is enough for now!

Love, Ammon

No comments:

Post a Comment