Monday, April 4, 2016

General Conference in Den Haag

This time around I got to see four conference sessions, Saturday Morning (on sunday evening), Priesthood (at 11'clock sunday afternoon), Saturday afternoon at 2, and then Sunday morning at 6. We watched it in english, a few people had headsets to translate it to dutch. President Uchtdorf's comment that German is the celestial language got a few laughs, one from an recent RM that served there and another from a German man dating a woman here. I didn't get the chance to ask them if there is a very good reason for President Uchtdorf's choice of words there, but I wanted to know.

I really enjoyed conference! I received a handful of new and important insights from the words of our general authorities. One of them was that building eternal familes is the center of what we must focus on in this life. We missionaries need to help all of our people to see and follow that vision. When that concept struck me while watching conference it made so much sense even though I had never though of things quite that way before. It is such an amazing blessing that God through his prophets and his spirit can teach us to see the plan he has for us so that we can know what we need to do and be to be happy for now and forever. A thought came to me this weekend that I need to gather more of God's truth into my life in order to help me know what I should do to have lasting satisfaction and happiness. I am now understanding that the more truth we let into our hearts through being obedient to the commandments the clearer it will be of which choices and paths we ought to take in order to be happy. 

I was so happy to realize that I can actually know and be confident that I will be increasingly more happy with the choices that I must make and the consequences that will follow as I become more converted by working to follow and understand God's plan for me. To me that also means more clarity in my life of what is right and wrong, and in turn what will bring happiness and what will only bring sorrow. This is so valuble to me.

Missionary work has been good, we have a couple new investigators, one is a girl from China here for school that is a former investigator that we had very little about so we set up an appointment and had a long discussion about the restoration. She had lots of good questions and said a really good sincere prayer at the end. We've got some good appointments set up for this week, plus president is coming for interviews.

Love, Elder Knaupp

No comments:

Post a Comment