Windmill (Mol) in Zoetermeer, near temple
Temple under construction (enhancements to the outside)
Pond north of Zwolle
Zwolle centrum
Me in timeout (goofing around with Elder Isaksen
Yeah so the temple is down in Zoetermeer, it's really really pretty even though there's a lot of construction going on around the outside. I think they're building a parking lot and maybe adding some more features to the grounds. We got there really early so we went into town and got some breakfast and pictures with a windmill. It was so nice to do a session, it was in dutch and I loved it. Really beautiful, uplifting experience.
Thank you for the prayers for our investigators! They're doing great, we only got to have one lesson with Lilian and Denise, but it was really good. We taught about the spirit world and the atonement. They were quite excited to be taught about what we know about the spirit world, which shows a lot of faith at least for Lilian considering she holds considerably close to the bible. We ran into Harvey on the street for the second time and taught him that night (my companion's bike got stolen so we missed our first scheduled appointment with him). He is happy and grateful to be taught, he has been reading two pages from the BoM everynight he says for a long time. He's a pretty slow learner, but humble and willing to do his part in learning.
I did get the package, thanks so much! I liked the drawings and the pumpkins are so fun to have! I don't want to be unappreciative, but the candy I can just buy here so paying for it to be shipped is not practical, but I definitely appreciated the love and care!
I really liked D&C 90:24, it's simple, but the simplicity of the principles of the gospel that are taught are so infinitely powerful because they are Godly! They can be applied to everyone and everything with wonderful results.
Yay for soccer and school success! Way to go, the work is so worth it!
I would love more music, putting it on an SD card would be great, most DVD players here that the missionaries use I think have SD and usb ports. I would also love to get some sheet music! Grandad's stuff and whatever else are knaupp classics, I'll have to think about it this week. When are the Bradley's coming over? We can work something out. We sang called to serve at temple conference, lots of people said they liked it, I'm grateful for my good voice and for how comfortable I am using it.
Don't worry about emails being too long, I have plenty of time. I sent out emails to nolan, mckenna, corrine, and jacob and adam today but usually I just send one to you and dad.
This week was cold, wet, and really misty but I think it's beautiful and I stay plenty warm. We do tons of biking everyday. The members feed us really yummy dinners, we had a really yummy mexican soup/chili last night with lots of nice sides and the night before that we had fried rice with chicken and bacon chunks, as much as we could eat with this really tasty thick asian-ish kinda peanut sauce. The meals here are also usually very balanced and quite healthy. Me and elder Isaksen eat lots of oatmeal, eggs, and vegetables. It's been really hard to get out of bed, it's so comfortable, but there's so much I want to do. It's just hard to remember that when you wake up in the morning. Need to get a louder alarm clock. Or the willpower to just take my body out of bed. It's been a challenge. We had interviews with president, they were nice. He wanted me to have a goal between now and the next interview and I chose morning and night time routine. President and his wife are really nice and still a bit humbled by their task, but capable, determined and loving. Okay better email president and get going.
Love,
Elder Knaupp
No comments:
Post a Comment